Thankful

Today I am thankful for many things.

Thanksgiving is always a time to reflect on the things we are thankful for, but I feel like this year I have so, so many reasons to express my gratitude. Even more than usual.

My life is basically a dream. Don't get me wrong, I'm not prancing around like Princess Middleton with people waiting on me hand and foot, but I can't even express how happy I am right now. I have a family who loves me and supports me unconditionally, I have friends who are always there for me, and I have an amazing fiancé who makes me happy to be alive every time I'm with him. Most importantly, I have my Grandma B. She was diagnosed with breast cancer a few years ago and has been battling it ever since. So above all, I am thankful for every holiday I get to spend with her. It's cliche but you really don't appreciate people for who they are until you're scared you might not be able to anymore.

Reflecting on all these things in my life, it makes my apprehension and anxiety surround Monday's D-Day silly. I know that whatever happens, I will be okay. We'll all be okay. My dad has been telling me something over and over since the beginning of the cycle: if it's meant to be, it'll be. And in knowing this, I'm ready for whatever December 1st throws at me.

I attached this picture because it was extremely applicable. When counting down days, it becomes so easy to waste the ones in your way. Every day is precious. Make every day count.

Until next time,
PJ

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Score a 24: A (Realistic) Guide to Taking the DAT for the Busy Pre-Dental Student

Dentist = Doctor + Engineer + Artist

Interview #1 - Virginia Commonwealth University