Happiness

Hello Readers!

Well, the summer semester is winding down. We've only got 2 weeks left, which boils down to 1 practical and 5 exams. Definitely the lightest finals week we've ever had, so I'm not complaining.

I went out with Jeff and his co-workers last Friday night, and one of them said something that made me think about things.

"You're the happiest person I know."

I smiled. "Yeah, I agree, you're definitely the happiest person I know." Another one of Jeff's co-workers chimed in.

Wow, the happiest person they know? Am I the happiest person they know? Am I happy?

I've always felt happy; I do really enjoy my life; Jeff makes me super happy. But how often do we ask ourselves - am I happy?

And how do we measure happiness? It's pretty abstract, but simple at the same time.

Happiness isn't really made a priority in dental school. For most students, anyways. I always try to stay conscious about my happiness. But sometimes, I don't make it a priority and it takes me a while to realize how unhappy I am.

Perspective helps to keep me happy. I always ask myself, does this really matter? The things that matter in my life are God, Jeff, and my family & friends. Relationships are what matter to me. I can stress about something, but does it really matter? Yeah my #30 that I waxed isn't the prettiest thing in the world, but does it matter? Nope.

Jeff makes me happy.


How do you stay grounded? Are you happy? How do you stay happy?

Until next time,
PJ

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Score a 24: A (Realistic) Guide to Taking the DAT for the Busy Pre-Dental Student

Dentist = Doctor + Engineer + Artist

Interview #1 - Virginia Commonwealth University