First Day of Fall

Hello Viewers!

I've been hearing it on the commercials and I've been plugging my ears and screaming LALALALA. But yes, fall is here. Today was the first day of my fall semester of D2 year. I'm at a weird place right now school wise. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel - really I can. But then when I realize that i'm not even half way through yet...it gets discouraging.

"Dental school will go by so fast!" "All of a sudden you'll be graduating!"



I'll believe it when I see it.

But today was a great day. I assisted in the clinics and my D3 student was just doing a prophy, which I was fine with, it's not the most exciting thing but it's important. And then at the end of the appointment she asked me if I wanted to do the polishing and flossing! I will admit, at first I said no because I was nervous (I need to mentally prepare myself for things before I do them most times), but after some encouragement I decided to do it. 

And it went great! The patient told us at the end it was the best and most gentle dental appointment he had had. It's always great to get positive feedback :)

Until next time,
PJ

Comments

  1. Finding a dentist is something people dread but it is essential. Factors such as such as attitude, education, work ethics and location must be considered.
    see more details:Invisalign Everett MA

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How to Score a 24: A (Realistic) Guide to Taking the DAT for the Busy Pre-Dental Student

Dentist = Doctor + Engineer + Artist

Interview #1 - Virginia Commonwealth University