Study, Study, Study!

Anatomy Lab exam Tuesday.
Psychopathology exam Wednesday.
Physics exam Thursday.

So, it's about to be a great week, right?!

But isn't this how your exam schedule usually works out? I know this is true for me. I haven't had an exam once this semester and now I have three in three days. When finals week rolls around and everyone's complaining about all of the exams they have at the same time, I usually just laugh and say that's how all of my exams have been. (I guess it is slightly different since finals are all mostly cumulative, but I digress.)

I also have the first pre-dental club meeting of the semester this Tuesday. (It would've been last week but catastrophic snow storms delayed it a week. Thanks, snow.) We're going to play a pre-dental Jeopardy game that I made a couple of weeks ago. We did this last semester and had a great time, so I'm hoping it will go just as well this time around. 

On Friday, I get to shadow my research mentor doing a hormone assay! This is something that I will eventually be able to do myself - after working my way up to it. I'm super excited with this new research opportunity that I stumbled upon (more like invited myself into.) We're studying the effects of thyroid hormone on thermoregulation in howler monkeys. I've always been interested in the physiological workings of the body, and am ecstatic that I get to actually partake in research in this area!

Look at this little cutie!
Friday is the President's Ball. So after a week full of stress and exams, I will finally be able to relax and dance out all my frustration. (You mean you don't dance for stress relief? Whatever.) But until that point, I have to stay focused!

121 days until Dental School Apps open! This reminds me, I have to start getting my letters of rec, and get in the rest of my shadowing hours. I have so much to do!

Until next time,
PJ

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Score a 24: A (Realistic) Guide to Taking the DAT for the Busy Pre-Dental Student

Dentist = Doctor + Engineer + Artist

Interview #1 - Virginia Commonwealth University