President's Ball and a Plethora of Problems

When I last left you, I was optimistic (if not worried), about the upcoming week. Well, the week is done and now I'm reporting back on the crazy, hectic past couple of days I've had. And when I say crazy, I mean crazy.

Tuesday was my Cadaver Lab exam. It was more like a practical in that it had all of the bones laid out around the room, with 26 stations - two questions each and 90 seconds to answer them. I felt pretty confident after the exam and even got one of the extra credit questions right! (You had to stick your hand inside of a box and identify a bone without looking at it - it was the Axis (C2.) I could tell by it's odontoid process!)

Wednesday was my psychopathology exam. I am in love with this class. The professor is an actual clinical psychologist as well as a professor, so she sprinkles in tons of personal anecdotes about the disorders that we cover in class (all completely anonymous of course!) A lot of different people told me that she was a hard professor, however, so I was nervous taking the exam, but I think her questions were definitely fair. 

Then was my beast of a physics exam. I haven't gotten my grade back yet, but I'm not feeling super confident. There were a lot of questions that I don't feel like we adequately covered how to do in class - but I studied super hard for it and did my best, so I can't be too down on myself. When we were handing it in, the girl in front of me says to the professor, "I had a nightmare like this once." (I think we all had.)

Friday morning, I thought I was finally able to relax, having finished my exams for the week. However, I got in my car, turned the key in the ignition and poor Sasha Fierce (yes, that's her name), sputtered and gave up. We don't have a bus stop at my town home complex, so I was basically stranded. Helplessly, I tried the key a couple more times before finally deciding that it was futile - Sasha was in bad shape. I got out of my car and started wandering around the parking lot - surely someone had to be on their way to campus. Across the parking lot, I spotted a guy getting into his car. I yelled "Excuse me! I'm so sorry but are you going to campus?" He gave me a ride without hesitation, and we actually had a great conversation on our way to campus! Thank the sweet Lord for nice people like this guy or else I would've missed all of my classes.

Friday afternoon, I watched the professor I'm doing research with conduct a hormone assay. I learned how to use a micro-pipette and I also observed the entire assay procedure. This Tuesday I'm going to practice micro-pipetting again, and learn more about our research project. 

Friday night, however, was much better since it was the President's Ball! It's a super fun dance that our university puts on yearly, and is basically like a prom for college students. Our theme was 007, (because it was on February 7th?) and we all had a great time! I was basically just excited to wear this dress I bought at Salvation Army over winter break... ($10 holla!) I'm also really happy that the first time I tried doing a retro hair-do and winged-tipped eyeliner actually turned out pretty decently. (Thank you Pinterest!)


We really went with the James Bond theme...

The Boyfriend and I before we left for the dance

My Little Sister Jessica and I

With spring break quickly approaching, I have to get on-top of things.
Goals for this week:

1.) Set up shadowing at an oral surgeon's office
2.) Get on my letter of recs
3.) Start studying for PSY 300 midterm
4.) Start studying for PSY 364 exam next Monday

Oh, and happy early Valentine's Day! I bought Jeff 2nd row concert tickets to see Ben Folds in April! I'm so excited! And Jeff made me a crepe cake made out of 21 layers of crepes, molded in the shape of a heart. He says it took him four hours to make all of the crepes and bake the final cake. Now that's dedication...


He really likes to bake!

Have a good week everyone! Keep your stick on the ice. (Oh and if you're wondering, all Sasha needed was a new battery - thanks goodness! She's back and as Fierce as ever.)

Until next time,
PJ

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Score a 24: A (Realistic) Guide to Taking the DAT for the Busy Pre-Dental Student

Dentist = Doctor + Engineer + Artist

Interview #1 - Virginia Commonwealth University