Ben Folds Concert

No, this is not my picture. I probably would have died if I was this close.
I figure I have to do crazy college kid shenanigans sometimes, so last night I went to a Ben Folds concert in Ann Arbor. Ben Folds is basically my spirit animal - and by this I mean I'm obsessed with his music - so when I saw that he was coming to U of M I knew I had to be there. Even though this meant leaving from Grand Valley at 4 p.m., driving straight to U of M, going to the concert, going to bed at 2 a.m. and then leaving for Grand Valley at 5 a.m. to make it on time for my 8 a.m. class, I did not care in the slightest! (I did care, however, in my 8 a.m. class when my eyes were so tired they couldn't read the board...)
The concert was AMAZING. I definitely had a few religious experiences. We had awesome seats since it was a modest little theater. He played basically every single one of my favorite songs, from "Landed" to "Losing Lisa" to everything else in between. Even when he would forget the words, (which was frequently considering he's used to playing Ben Folds Five songs now since their reunion) he was still amazing.
 Have I said the word, "amazing" enough. No? Amazing. 
Anyway, a highlight of the concert would definitely be when he did a plank on his piano. I'm not really sure what lead up to this - but whatever, it was hilarious. For his encore song he did "One Angry Dwarf and 200 Solemn Faces," which was a crowd favorite.
If you get the chance to see him live - do it! You won't regret it.

I think I'm going to go to bed now,
PJ

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Score a 24: A (Realistic) Guide to Taking the DAT for the Busy Pre-Dental Student

Dentist = Doctor + Engineer + Artist

Interview #1 - Virginia Commonwealth University