Pokemon and New Kids

Happy Wednesday!

The D1s have started showing up around our school and I literally could not be more excited. I see them walking with their articulators to the pre-clinic and I just shudder thinking about when that was me last year. Ugh. Waxing. So glad those days are over.

Oh wait, I'm waxing a molar on Monday.

Well, that'll be Monday's problem. Anyway, I have my first perio patient tomorrow, meaning I will be cleaning someone's teeth for the first time. I'm excited, even more so than nervous. I figure if I can do a filling on someone I can clean their teeth... We'll find out tomorrow, won't we?!

I guess it's true what they say about summer in dental school; it's pretty chill. Dental school, chill? Not two words I will probably ever say together in the same sentence. (Unless the sentence is "I need to chill out about how hard dental school is.") I guess the professors are taking pity on us since it's the beautiful summer and we're stuck in window-less lecture halls until 5 p.m. Whatever. I'll take it.

Tubing down the river. Stress, who?


My husband is currently obsessed with Pokemon Go. I didn't download the app, for reasons, even though I'm an adamant Pokemon fan. We're re-watching the entire first season now, and I'm constantly reminded of why I was obsessed with the show as a kid. (Of course I did skip Bye, Bye Butterfree and Charmander the Stray Pokemon. I'm not a sadist after all.)

Are you obsessed with Pokemon Go? Are you a D1 currently struggling through waxing?? Are you a pre-dental who's dying to get interview invites? Let me know in the comments below!

Until next time,
PJ

Comments

  1. Hello, I am a D2 from MWU IL. I've been following your posts for quite a while. You guys get to work on patients already? Jelly! And no, I am not #teampokemongo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Hannah! Yeah, we kind of get thrown into working on patients here really quickly. It's super nerve-wracking but also exciting? I hope your studies are going well! #teamdentistry

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How to Score a 24: A (Realistic) Guide to Taking the DAT for the Busy Pre-Dental Student

Dentist = Doctor + Engineer + Artist

Interview #1 - Virginia Commonwealth University