Guys, I'm Back!

Oh My Lanta Everyone,

I just decided to check if anyone still reads this blog on a whim and by golly, yes! A LOT of you still do! I'm sorry I abandoned you! I got married, I started dental school (I'm almost done with my D1 year!) Things have really, seriously changed.
Dental school is about as hard as I was expecting. There are tons of exams, the hand-skills are mind-boggling and you basically feel stupid 24/7. But I'm trying to keep a good attitude about things, and I think I'm pretty much succeeding at it. I have break-downs every now and again, thinking that there's no way I'll ever be a real life dentist - but the best thing is to remember that I have to take everything one day at a time.
One day at a time. It's basically my mantra. I'll start thinking about the exam I have tomorrow, the project sheet I have due after that, the exam the next day, the clinical practical the next, and then I stop myself.
One day at a time.
Did I accomplish what I set out to do today? Then I'm good.
I promise I'm going to keep updating you, I won't leave you again. I don't even know where to begin as far as what my dental school journey has been like so far. (Spoiler alert: it involves a lot of late night ice cream...)

Look, ma! I'm doing it!
Until next time,
PJ

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can honestly say that I am so happy you're back!! I'm applying to dental school this year and I've truly loved your blog. I'm happy to hear your first year was went well. Best of luck finishing strong!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Nicole!
      Thanks so much for your kind words. I hope applying to dental school is going well. Let me know if you need help with anything :)

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How to Score a 24: A (Realistic) Guide to Taking the DAT for the Busy Pre-Dental Student

Dentist = Doctor + Engineer + Artist

Interview #1 - Virginia Commonwealth University