The Dog Days of Summer

Happy Sunday Funday!

This week I was brought back to reality after spending a fantastic Fourth of July weekend up at a friend's cabin on Lake Huron. We did everything from watching fireworks, to swimming, to sunbathing and justifying floating as swimming. It was a fantastic weekend and I couldn't imagine being stuck at home instead. (Even though I didn't sleep very well. Me and tents do not mix, especially when I wake up to a 100 degree tent with no air circulation.) Here are some photos!

It was so great being able to meet up with friends and catch up!
The water seemed to go on forever!
Jeff bought this dress for me at the farmer's market we went to that same morning!
The sunsets were absolutely breathtaking.

Anyway, after a weekend of bliss, I then went back to work at a dental clinic owned by the company I work for. After scanning and sorting through files, I learned how to make confirmation calls which was an interesting experience. Having these behind the scenes experiences gives me a well-rounded view into the world of dentistry. Before this job, I severely underestimated the amount of work that went on behind the front desk and now have a new appreciation for all that they do. These people are super heroes and offices would stop functioning without them!
Now for some exciting news; I scheduled my first dental school interview today! I am seriously so excited and completely shocked that this happened so quickly. I really wasn't expecting to hear anything until September, so imagine my shock when an interview invite appeared in my mailbox a couple days ago. Now comes all of the work that goes into preparing for an interview! Wish me luck!

Until next time,
PJ


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Score a 24: A (Realistic) Guide to Taking the DAT for the Busy Pre-Dental Student

Dentist = Doctor + Engineer + Artist

Interview #1 - Virginia Commonwealth University