All is right with the world now, this meaning that I'm in bed, with my dog, a box of Cheez-its and watching Bravo. (That six weeks without a TV about did me in.) Of course I'll grow old of this routine in about a week, and desperately seek something to fill my time with. For normal people, this involves a summer job, but I've never been normal, so who knows?
Anyway, I returned home from Cleveland last Friday and since then I've been doing the usual catch-up and relax routine. This is mostly because the last thing I want to do is clean my room since it is in full-out disaster state. Between moving in and out of houses 3 times in 3 months and trying to sort through summer clothes brought out of storage, I'm about ready to just set fire to the whole room and start from scratch. So, what better way to procrastinate than with a blog post?
I could really tell how Cleveland tried to put on fun, safe things to do during the summer - Wade Oval Wednesdays being an example of this. A group of us went to a concert in Wade Oval park on one of these days and it was awesome! Before the band started there was a Zumba instructor teaching everyone how to work-out to music. Once we were thoroughly drenched in our own sweat, the band Pout came on. They did all sorts of music, from Stevie Wonder to Lady GaGa. Side story: in fifth grade, my gym teacher taught us this line dance that essentially served no purpose what-so-ever, confusing our pre-pubescent minds. But at this concert, when everyone around me broke out into this line dance during "Superstition" I whipped out my fifth grade dance knowledge, mystifying everyone I had came with. I guess gym class was good for something...

Wade Oval Wednesdays

If you need help finding me just remember, I was the only blonde in Cleveland.
This brings us to the Fourth of July. The thought of spending the holiday without my boyfriend really depressed me, but the program directors tried to make it fun. But since their idea of fun is rollicking around a field with some sports equipment, I really really wish I could've been home. (PJ does not do sports. In the slightest.) My fellow non-athletes and I found a trail in the woods, however, and hiked it. Then, we proceeded to get hopelessly lost. But we did get some killer pictures!

I think we look like a Justice League here.

Being artistic


After the picnic, we decided that it wouldn't be the Fourth of July without fireworks. Duh. So we found a fireworks display over Lake Erie right next to Cleveland's salt flats. 

Taking the train! Definitely less terrifying than the bus
We stopped at this hipster-y health-food bar  establishment before the fireworks. I ordered the "Grass Fed Kobe Cheeseburger with Truffle Fries." (I would've been happy with a Big Mac...)

Yes, that is a deck of mini Uno cards
Of course we were running behind, so we had to run to make it in time to the fireworks. But we eventually made it and had a pretty decent spot, too, right next to the water.

Tower City was lit up in red, white and blue

Bright and early the next morning, I was scheduled to receive my CPR training. I've always wanted to learn how to do CPR, so I wasn't that upset about the timing of the whole ordeal. (Even though I had been gallivanting through downtown Cleveland that entire night.) The CPR trainers were friendly and were as helpful as they could be at 8:00 in the morning on a Saturday. After we were given our dummies, the majority of us used them as a pillow while the instructional video played, which made me laugh.

Just learning how to save lives, nbd

My new phone just came in the mail, so I'm going to leave you here. Eeeee! I'm so excited!

PJ

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Score a 24: A (Realistic) Guide to Taking the DAT for the Busy Pre-Dental Student

Dentist = Doctor + Engineer + Artist

Interview #1 - Virginia Commonwealth University