To Bloom Where You Are Planted



Happy Tuesday!

I've found that there are few things greater in life than feeling content. When I'm at home in my cozy apartment on Friday nights with my husband and my dog playing Super Mario Odyssey and chowing down on pizza, I feel like the happiest girl in the world. Some people say that feeling content can be dangerous; that it can make you stagnant and stop you from progressing forward in your life. However, I disagree. Being content is accepting all that you have been given and being grateful for the roof over your head and the pizza in your belly. (And the 800 something moons to collect in SMO that are sure to keep you busy for decades.)

I saw a tweet going around that said something along the lines of how people living in big cities, LA, New York, etc, were jealous of how those residing in small towns could be so content with what they have. A few years ago, I was more like those who constantly yearned for excitement and adventure. I would have thought that a big city was where I was supposed to eventually end up in. Now I know that small-town living is definitely more appropriate for me. (Not small as in where I grew up small, just smaller than a metropolis.)

 While I still enjoy going on vacations, snorkeling, hiking, adventuring - I have found that simply enjoying what's readily available in my surroundings can be so rewarding. I love going bowling at the local bowling alley in town. Going to a local hockey game at my husband's alma mater is exciting and fun. Checking out the local cuisine and trying new restaurants with my husband is something I literally look forward to every week. It's about blooming where you are planted.



I'm a homebody. I'm someone who could never move away from their family. (In fact, my husband and I plan on moving even closer back-home to my family once we have children- since the cost of childcare is so un-Godly high.) To me there's nothing better than getting together with my family and close friends and enjoying each other's company. It just makes me so happy.

So I guess I don't have a a sense of "wanderlust" or I'm not looking for a life-changing adventure. While I still do have dreams (like visiting Japan!) i'm just so happy where I'm currently at that there's no desire in me to go out and travel the world. I feel like I have the world right here.

Until next time,
PJ

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How to Score a 24: A (Realistic) Guide to Taking the DAT for the Busy Pre-Dental Student

Dentist = Doctor + Engineer + Artist

Interview #1 - Virginia Commonwealth University