"What God has joined together, let no one separate."

Hey Guys!

The wedding we went to on Saturday was so beautiful. The outdoor ceremony had a gorgeous blue sky with white fluffy clouds and it was overlooking a lake. I cried like a baby when they exchanged their vows they had written for each other. They were full of so much love for each other. I'm such a sucker...

"What God has joined together, let no one separate."

It's Thursday, which means I get to relax for a little bit. I had an exam and a practical on Monday morning and a final on the respiratory system yesterday. So last night was the first time I got to relax and what did I end up doing? Watching the Olympics of course! I'm super bummed I missed a lot of the female gymnastics, which is my favorite part, but I'm pretty sure there's the all-around competition tonight at 8 so I'm definitely going to check that out.

Gymnastics has always been my favorite part of the summer Olympics (ice skating if we're talking winter.) I love the flashy leotards, the sass, the music the bling - I love all of it. Not to mention the incredible physical feats these women accomplish. I tried to learn how to do a cartwheel in fifth grade and failed horribly. All I have in my repertoire is a somersault so I give major props to the Final Five. (Also, how cute is that name? Honoring their coaches last Olympics. I love it.)

I assisted in the emergency clinic at the dental school this week. It was a learning experience,  for sure. Our patient was in extreme pain and was very emotional. We did testing on the teeth and couldn't find anything wrong with it except it had a filling that was close to the pulp. We ended up referring the patient for a root canal. It made me realize that tooth pain can be devastating. It can stop you from going to work, stop you from driving, stop you from living your life. I hope the patient finds peace.

 Going back to the Olympics for a second, Ryan Lochte dyed his hair bleach blonde?? I mean, I like to go bleach blonde in the summer too, but it's an interesting look for a guy... I think it actually fits his personality though.

Are you watching the Olympics? What's your favorite event??

Until next time,
PJ

Comments

  1. Favorite Olympic event: fencing
    The reflexes + mind games makes a fun combo.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How to Score a 24: A (Realistic) Guide to Taking the DAT for the Busy Pre-Dental Student

Dentist = Doctor + Engineer + Artist

Interview #1 - Virginia Commonwealth University