Situational Comedy

It's finally Thursday!

Thursday is the start of my weekend and I could not be happier for this weekend to come. Taking seven classes is finally starting to catch up with me. Even though in dental school I would be taking up to 26 credits a semester, I didn't really care if I passed or not because I didn't want to be there anyway (wow that got real dark, real fast.) So I didn't put too much effort into anything. Now that I'm in a program that I absolutely love, I not only want to do everything I can to be the best SLP possible, but I also have a real, personal interest in all the material. Combine that with seven classes and I'm up every night reading one thing or the other. 

However, unlike the PJ that was in dental school, this PJ knows not to let herself get too stressed out. I've learned that it's not worth it to ruin your body because you're so stressed to the max you can't think straight. (And I learned this the hard way.) So new grad school PJ goes to bed early and takes a little bit of time each day to relax. 

Dogs are great at reducing stress. Thank you Kiki for your service.

Which brings me to the title of this post. My spare time this past week has been dedicated to watching a stupid sitcom, Young and Hungry. I say stupid because it's just this predictable, boring television show with a laugh-track, but I could not stop watching it. I don't know what it was about it, but I was glued to my laptop watching one episode after another. I think I enjoyed it so much because it didn't require any brain-cells at all, and it even made me laugh out loud on occasion. Life can't be so serious all the time, and there's nothing wrong with dedicating some free-time to a stupid sitcom.


Also along the lines of things I've been obsessed with this week is the Death of a Bachelor album. I know it came out over a year ago, but I randomly got LA Devotee stuck in my head a couple days ago, so I had to listen to it. I was hoping to listen to it and get it out of my head, but then I ended up listening to the album on repeat in the car to-and-from class this entire week. It's just SO GOOD UGH I CAN'T. Sorry, got a little carried away there thinking about Brendon Urie's voice. Just do yourself a favor and go listen to it start to finish.

The sun is out and filling me up with happiness. Don't forget to find yourself some happiness too.

Until next time,
PJ

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Score a 24: A (Realistic) Guide to Taking the DAT for the Busy Pre-Dental Student

Dentist = Doctor + Engineer + Artist

Interview #1 - Virginia Commonwealth University